You will be providing technical advice for completion of a diversity of projects relating to environmental management and impact assessments, mine waste, source characterization, and water quality impact assessment. You will participate in all aspects of these projects.
The desire for a new challenge and a vision that one can be passionate about are two key reasons business professionals start to explore new opportunities in the marketplace. Do you have a desire to make a real difference in a growing and profitable organization?
Environmental issues dominate the business market today. Everywhere you look our “Environment” is front and center. Our client is a key player in this marketplace and they are growing. Imagine working with an organization that has the stability of years in the market AND an entrepreneurial mind set which allow creativity and business acumen to flourish. This is the environment our client is offering their next Environmental Geoscientist (Geochemist).
Our client is a specialized environmental professional services consulting firm that is employee-owned and operated. Their core business sectors include Mining, Forest Products, and Energy. We are not looking for the “average” Geoscientist who likes to do things the way it has always been done in the past. We are searching for someone who can think outside of the box. One who can look at this company’s core business sectors and assist them in growing the business to the next level through technical excellence, quality, integrity, and innovation.
As a highly motivated individual with excellent technical and communication skills, you will work with a talented team of professionals to deliver superior service to your clients. This will include providing technical advice for completion of a diversity of projects relating to environmental management and impact assessments, mine waste, source characterization, and water quality impact assessment. You will participate in all aspects of these projects, including business development, client liaison, regulatory liaison, study design, technical analysis, report writing, supervision and mentoring.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects throughout Canada and internationally, and play a key role in the growth and development of the company.
In this role you will be accountable to clients and colleagues for the technical quality of your work, meeting project budgets and schedules and the effective management of clients and staff. It is expected that you will successfully:
- Service existing clients, and identify and procure new business opportunities
- Contribute your technical expertise to the development and/or implementation of multi-disciplinary environmental impact studies with your colleagues
- Undertake technical analysis within your specific area of expertise, particularly with respect to mining activities, mine waste management, source characterization and water quality assessment
- Manage projects of all sizes, including:
- client liaison
- field data collation
- site assessment
- risk analysis
- undertake a wide range of laboratory-based analytical geochemistry design work
- preparation of technical reports
- technical related modeling exercises
- supervising and mentoring junior staff, and
- budget and time management
In return you will be provided a working environment that will encourage you to use the talents you have developed over the past 10 years (or more) as an Environmental Geoscientist (Geochemist) and as a contributor to a successful business.
- Advanced Degree(s) in science or engineering (M.Sc. or Ph.D.)
- Minimum 10 years experience within a related field
- Self-starter with a desire to be part of a growing business enterprise
- Project management experience with a client based
- Experience in conducting environmental impact assessments, including independent analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge of environmental issues associated with mining, with particular emphasis in geochemistry, source characterization and water quality
- Demonstrated professional judgement, consistency, and attention to detail as well as a track record of quality work products
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Strong consultant experience (preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical excellence and understanding of the issues and concerns
- Proven results on delivery of performance objectives and targets
- Proven ability to develop study designs to meet project, regulatory, and client objectives – understanding of pertinent Canadian regulations as well as working knowledge of Canadian and US risk assessment information sources and guidelines
- Ability to balance new business development with existing client relationship management
- Uncompromised integrity; technical excellence
- Proven experience in conflict resolution skills and effective negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects, comfortably making rational decisions which directly impact company revenue and customer service
Our client offers an attractive compensation and benefit package and ample opportunity to grow in an exciting business environment.
Please reply to:
Sr. Director, Principal
Hire Results Ltd.
B: 416-461-3377 x7305
M: 647-219-4397Environmental Geoscientist (Geochemist)