The position requires an electrical engineer who is dynamic and innovative in system design & engineering and is ready to design state-of-the-art solar power systems. You will work with sales and the solar asset development team members in the development of cost effective 50 kW – 500 kW scale solar power energy systems.
Energy issues dominate the business market today. Everywhere you look Energy is front and center. Our client is passionate about Renewable Energy, they are positioning themselves to be a leader in this marketplace and they are growing!
Our client’s “mission” is to have a positive impact in helping the world eliminate its reliance on fossil based fuels and a “vision” to be the renewable energy provider of choice by supplying businesses economical, on-site green energy that reduces costs and environmental footprint (GHG). This is the environment our client is offering their next Project Manager – Electrical Engineer (P.Eng).
In this light, we are looking for a project manager who can think outside of the box. One who can look at project investments in generation capacity with a long term operational view. Your environment will be working with internal and external stakeholders (landlords, local distribution companies, equipment suppliers, and the Ontario Power Authority) within the solar commercial/industrial marketplace for the sole purpose of DBOO (Design, Build, Own; and Operate) green generation energy systems.
Our client is an independent power producer in Ontario generating electricity through its own 100% solar-powered energy system. They have positioned themselves as an energy company created for the sole purpose of designing, building and owning green energy systems. They are a fully integrated green energy utility with a long-term investment horizon. They are also fully capitalized and they will own the solar PV assets they build for the term of the contract (Ontario Power Authority, Feed-In- Tariff FIT Program).
The position requires an electrical engineer who is dynamic and innovative in system design & engineering and is ready to design state-of-the-art solar power systems. As a key member of the project group you will work with sales and the solar asset development team members in the development of cost effective 50 kW – 500 kW scale solar power energy systems.
As a highly motivated individual with very good technical, communication, and organization skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from a renewable or low carbon background and bring with them technical/project management skills that can be built upon within this successful company.
Reporting to the Vice President, Solar Asset Development primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Manage numerous roof top solar projects – design, analyze, and develop photovoltaic projects/systems, including the selection of system components and specifications, and the generation of CAD layouts, electrical diagrams, and proposal documents.
- Support projects from proposal to commissioning, managing engineering resources and performing technical engineering work.
- Assist in developing project schedules, budgets, energy models, scopes of work, and standards.
- Refine and document processes which the company follows in the design and engineering of PV systems, including development of Best Practices.
- Stay current on codes, standards, new solar technologies, installation developments.
- Assist the sales team in understanding the engineering impacts of site specific or customer specific requirements, preparing cost estimates and technical proposals.
- Assist with contract review and negotiation in terms of engineering, testing or monitoring requirements.
- Assist project managers and construction managers with the successful completion of projects and participate in the resolution of field related issues that require engineering input.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and operate entrepreneurially to accomplish deliverables. Our client’s employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 3–5 years of project management in commercial PV system design and power electric engineering.
- Must possess a PE license.
- Experience in the design of low to medium voltage electrical systems.
- Experience in construction and solar PV power systems or other renewable energy systems is a plus
- Ability to develop electrical single-line diagrams, schematics, and system drawings using AutoCAD.
- Clear understanding of how the Building Code is applied to modern PV systems including new grounding and wiring methods.
- Experience in conducting load flow, coordination studies, arc-flash analysis, and grounding grid analysis.
- Review for proper engineering interface and utility interconnection.
- Full competency in the use of Microsoft Office products (AutoCAD and MS Project competency is a plus); and
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise and enable your team members’ mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
- Have a self-motivated, organized, precise, and thorough work ethic.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Our client is the kind of organization that one would be proud to be associated with. They offer an attractive compensation and benefit package and ample opportunity to grow in an exciting business environment.
Please reply to:
Sr. Director, Principal
Hire Results Ltd.
B: 416-461-3377 x7305
M: 647-219-4397Project Manager – Electrical Engineer (P.Eng)