The position requires a project manager who is dynamic and innovative in the construction of state-of-the-art solar power systems. As a key member of the construction group you will manage internal and external construction resources.
Energy issues dominate the business market today. Everywhere you look Energy is front and center. Our client is passionate about Renewable Energy, they are positioning themselves to be a leader in this marketplace and they are growing!
Our client’s “mission” is to have a positive impact in helping the world eliminate its reliance on fossil based fuels and a “vision” to be the renewable energy provider of choice by supplying businesses economical, on-site green energy that reduces costs and environmental footprint (GHG). This is the environment our client is offering their next Project Manager – Construction.
In this light, we are looking for a project manager who can think outside of the box. One who can look at project investments in generation capacity with a long term operational view. Your environment will be working with internal and external stakeholders (landlords, local distribution companies, equipment suppliers, and the Ontario Power Authority) within the solar commercial/industrial marketplace for the sole purpose of DBOO (Design, Build, Own; and Operate) green generation energy systems.
Our client is an energy company created for the sole purpose of designing, building and owning green energy systems. They are a fully integrated green energy utility with a long-term investment horizon. They are fully capitalized and they will own the solar PV assets they build for the term of the contract.
The position requires a project manager who is dynamic and innovative in the construction of state-of-the-art solar power systems. As a key member of the construction group you will manage internal and external construction resources to deliver timely and cost effective 60 kW – 500 kW scale solar power energy systems.
As a highly motivated individual with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from a renewable or low carbon background and bring with them construction/project management skills that can be built upon within this successful company.
Reporting to the Vice President, Construction primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Manage and act as the company representative for the construction of distributed solar roof top power generation facilities.
- Ensures all project budgets and project management accountabilities are completed on time and in compliance with all technical, commercial, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to multi-discipline project teams to ensure quality engineering deliverables are submitted to the project contract documents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes while developing and maintaining solid relationships with landlords and subcontractors.
- Maintain the project schedule and budget time required to meet deadlines – plan, estimate, organize, execute and control assigned projects from initial authorization through completion
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations for improvements and cost containment in new projects and participate in collaborative efforts to estimate the impact of these services.
- Requisition supplies and materials in order to maintain the construction schedule.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress by evaluating construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness with the use of project tracking tools.
Implement quality assurance programs.
- Supervise staff and contractors.
- Monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve procedures, change orders, and construction problems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Provide information and recommendations to Vice President of Construction.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and operate entrepreneurially to accomplish deliverables. Our client’s employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or other scientific discipline.
- Preferable 7–10 years of relevant experience including project construction management.
- Comprehensive technical understanding of solar construction strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and working experience standard CCA contracts and procedures.
- Demonstrated process and systems oriented approach to project management
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, groups and activities
- Superior analytical skills in measurement frameworks, tools, and approaches
- Demonstrated advanced skill in PC applications (MS Project, MS Office Suite, P3, Primavera, or other process mapping software)
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise and enable your team members’ mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Have a self-motivated, organized, precise, and thorough work ethic.
Our client is the kind of organization that one would be proud to be associated with. They offer an attractive compensation and benefit package and ample opportunity to grow in an exciting business environment.
Please reply to:
Sr. Director, Principal
Hire Results Ltd.
B: 416-461-3377 x7305
M: 647-219-4397Sr. Project Manager – Construction