As a highly motivated individual with good technical, communication, and organization skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from a renewable or low carbon background and bring with them technical/project management skills.
Energy issues dominate the business market today. Everywhere you look Energy is front and center. Our client is passionate about Renewable Energy, they are positioning themselves to be a leader in this marketplace and they are growing!
Our client’s “mission” is to have a positive impact in helping the world eliminate its reliance on fossil based fuels and a “vision” to be the renewable energy provider of choice by supplying businesses economical, on-site green energy that reduces costs and environmental footprint (GHG). This is the environment our client is offering their next Project Manager–Solar Asset Development.
In this light, we are looking for a junior project manager who can think outside of the box. One who can look at project investments in generation capacity with a long term operational view. Your environment will be working with key stakeholders – landlords, local distribution companies, equipment suppliers, and the Ontario Power Authority within the in the industrial and commercial marketplace for the sole purpose of DBOO (Design, Build, Own; and Operate) green generation energy systems.
Our client is an energy company created for the sole purpose of designing, building and owning green energy systems. They are a fully integrated green energy utility with a long-term investment horizon. They are fully capitalized and they will own the solar PV assets they build for the term of the contract.
As a highly motivated individual with good technical, communication, and organization skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from a renewable or low carbon background and bring with them technical/project management skills that can be built upon within this successful company.
- Manage numerous rooftop solar projects through feasibility and design, regulatory approvals, and permitting;
- Work with subcontracted technical professionals;
- Report regularly on the progress of your projects;
- Provide secondary support to the business development, project delivery (construction), and operations and maintenance divisions;
- Manage technical issues, delays, and other exceptions, timely and efficiently.
Reporting to the Director you will:
- Be a key member of a large portfolio of projects, where you will be responsible for developing the projects collegially;
- Work with your peers and the director in establishing a development plan; selecting subcontractors, agreeing on timelines, and setting budgets;
- Work closely with your peers and subcontracted professionals to plan and execute work including:
- Host facility assessments (roof membrane condition, structural capacity, roof survey, electrical infrastructure, and information gathering);
- Initial feasibility (roof PV capacity, PV simulation, financial modeling);
- Design/Supervision (mechanical layouts, electrical single line diagrams, electrical room layouts, etc.);
- Regulatory approvals (FIT contract application, connection impact assessment, notice to proceed, etc.); and
- Work with various third parties including: Consultants, Landlords, local distribution companies and equipment suppliers, and potentially the Electrical Safety Authority and the Ontario Power Authority;
- Work with various tools, including the company’s management information system, to track and regularly report on the progress of your projects; such reporting potentially making its way to the company executive or even shareholders; and
- Participate in work to overcome design issues, apply new technologies, formulate strategies to mitigate delays, and modify processes and design choices in response to feedback from other parts of the company.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A degree in engineering or a close equivalent degree in the sciences;
- Preferable one year project management experience, or a close equivalent; especially experience in handling large numbers of similar projects concurrently;
- Experience in asset development (for example: Renewably energy project development, engineering project development, real estate development, etc.);
- Full competency in the use of Microsoft Office products. (AutoCAD and MS Project competency is a plus); and
- Have a self-motivated, organized, precise, and thorough work ethic.
Additional nice-to-haves include:
- Experience in design and construction of distributed generation PV facilities;
- A professional engineer designation;
- Knowledge in mechanical systems
- Knowledge in mechanical, civil and low-voltage electrical power systems; and
- A working knowledge of financial models.
Our client is the kind of organization that one would be proud to be associated with. They offer an attractive compensation and benefit package and ample opportunity to grow in an exciting business environment.
Please reply to:
Sr. Director, Principal
Hire Results Ltd.
B: 416-461-3377 x7305
M: 647-219-4397Project Manager – Solar Asset Development